Everyone has his or her own experience with love — from falling in love, to acting in the name of love, and beyond. The dictionary defines love in the following way:
1. an intense feeling of deep affection.
“babies fill parents with intense feelings of love”
synonyms: deep affection, fondness, tenderness, warmth, intimacy, attachment, endearment
2. a person or thing that one loves.
“she was the love of his life”
We define love as carrying light for who — and what — moves your heart. Love is lighting the way for others. It’s making room in your heart for whatever drives you forward.
You might not realize that small acts of love can change the world, but they can! Here are some examples of what true love is, and how you are already acting in love to brighten the world.
Keep on giving love, and it’ll come back to you tenfold.
True love is…
1. Singing (however off key) to someone you care for.
2. Snuggling a rescue pet.
3. Chatting with an old friend.
4. Reading a passage from your favorite book that speaks to your heart.
5. Thinking of warm memories on a cold day.
6. Holding a newborn for the very first time.
7. Planting a garden, and nurturing it to keep it growing.
8. Taking good care of yourself, so you can take good care of others.
9. Finding a handwritten letter in the mailbox.
10. Splashing in puddles after a summer rainstorm.
12. Picking up some fresh flowers, just because.
13. Creating a playlist for someone special.
14. Prepping soup for someone when they’re sick.
15. Playing pretend with little ones.
16. Supporting a cause close to your heart.
17. Embracing your wandering heart, a full tank, and the open road.
18. Spending time with your best friend.
19. Rooting for the hometown sports team — win or lose.
20. Learning a family recipe.
Share your love story with us on social media using #ALEXANDANI for a chance to be featured on www.alexandani.com.